The flowchart is a pictorial or graphical representation of a process. Each step in the process is represented by a different symbol and contains a short description of the process step. Moreover, The flowchart symbols are linked together with arrows showing the process flow direction. Also, This pictorial representation can give a step-by-step solution of the given problem.
Advantages of Flowchart
- Easy to draw.
- Easy to understand logic.
- Also, Easy to identify mistakes by the noncomputer person.
- Easy to show branching and looping.
Disadvantages of Flowchart
- Difficult to modify.
- Very difficult to draw flowchart for big or complex problems.
An Algorithm is a finite sequence of well-defined steps for solving a problem in a systematic manner. Moreover, It written in the natural languages like English.
Advantages of Algorithm
- Easy to write.
- Also, Humanly readable techniques to understand logic.
- Algorithms for big problems can write with moderate efforts.
Disadvantages of Algorithm
- Difficult to debug.
- Moreover, Difficult to show branching and looping.
- Jumping (goto) makes it hard to trace some problems.
Why is C called middle-level language?
C called middle-level language because
- Syntax and keywords of C are just like higher level language (English).
- It gives advantages of higher level language through function, modular programming, and breakup.
- It gives access to the low-level memory through Pointers.
- Moreover, it does support the Low-Level programming i.e., Assembly Language.
- MWe can develop application-specific programs in C and at the same time we can use features of assembly level language to give more speed and efficiency
- Also, It is not hardware or system dependent. Hence portable programs can write with C compiler.