Marketing Helps in Transfer, Exchange, and Movement of Goods
- Moreover, Marketing is very helpful in the transfer, exchange, and movement of goods. Goods and services are made available to customers through various intermediaries’ viz., wholesalers and retailers etc. Marketing is helpful to both producers and consumers. To the former, it tells about the specific needs and preferences of consumers and to the latter about the products that manufacturers can offer.
Marketing is Helpful in Raising and Maintaining the Standard of Living of the Community
- Marketing is above all the giving of a standard of living to the community. Paul Mazur states, “Marketing is the delivery of standard of living”. Professor Malcolm McNair has further added that “Marketing is the creation and delivery of standard of living to the society”. By making available the uninterrupted supply of goods and services to consumers at a reasonable price, marketing has played an important role in raising and maintaining living standards of the community. The community comprises of three classes of people i.e., rich, middle and poor. Everything which is used by these different classes of people is supplied by marketing.
Marketing Creates Employment
- Marketing is complex mechanism involving many people in one form or the other. The major marketing functions are buying, selling, financing, transport, warehousing, risk bearing, and standardization, etc. In each such function different activities performed by a large number of individuals and bodies. Thus, marketing gives employment to many people.
Marketing as a Source of Income and Revenue
- The performance of marketing function is all important because it is the only way through which the concern could generate revenue or income and bring in profits. Buskirk has pointed out that, “Any activity connected with obtaining income is a marketing action. Marketing should given the greatest importance since the very survival of the firm depends on the effectiveness of the marketing function.
Marketing Acts as a Basis for Making Decisions
- A businessman is met with many problems in the form of what, how, when, how much and for whom to produce? In the past problems was less on account of local markets. There was a direct link between producer and consumer. In modern times marketing has become a very complex and tedious task. Marketing has emerged as new specialized activity along with production. As a result, producers are depending largely on the mechanism of marketing, to decide what to produce and sell. With the help of marketing techniques, a producer can regulate his production accordingly.
Marketing Acts as a Source of New Ideas
- The concept of marketing is a dynamic concept. It has changed altogether with the passage of time. Such changes have far-reaching effects on production and distribution. With the rapid change in tastes and preference of people, marketing has to come up with the same. Marketing as an instrument of measurement gives scope for understanding this new demand pattern and thereby produce and make available the goods accordingly.
Marketing is Helpful in Development of an Economy
- Adam Smith has remarked that “nothing happens in our country until somebody sells something”. The marketing organization, more scientifically organized, makes the economy strong and stable, the lesser the stress on the marketing function, the weaker will be the economy.