Data Security Concept
- Encryption is a technique of encoding data so that only authorized user can understand (read) it.
- The data encryption technique converts readable data into unreadable data by using some techniques so that unauthorized person cannot read it
- In above figure sender having data that he/she wants to send his/her data known as plaintext.
- In first step sender will encrypt data (plain text) using encryption algorithm and some key.
After encryption the plaintext becomes ciphertext.
- This ciphertext is not able to read by any unauthorized person.
- This ciphertext sent to the receiver.
- The sender will send that key separately to the receiver.
- Once receiver receives this ciphertext he/she will decrypt it using that key send by sender and decryption algorithm.
- After applying decryption algorithm and key receiver will get original data (plaintext) that is sent by the sender.
- This technique is used to protect data when there a chance of data theft.
- In such situation, if encrypted is theft then it cannot use (read) directly without knowing the encryption technique and key.
- There are two different methods of data encryption
- Symmetric encryption
- Public key encryption
What is Data Security?
- Data security defines a prevention of data corruption through the use of controlled access mechanisms.
- Also, Data Security Concept deals with protection of data.
- Moreover, Data Security Concept making sure only the people who should have access to the data are the only ones who can access the data.
- Data security refers to the making sure that data accessed by its intended users, thus ensuring the privacy and protection of data.
- Authentication/authorization, encryptions, and masking are some of the popular means of data security.