How to download and Install android studio?
Freestudy9 has all kind of information related to the Android development. So, All steps are given here, install android studio
- Following is the list of software’s you will need before you start your Android application programming.
- Java JDK5 or later version
- Android Studio
Set-up Java Development Kit (JDK)
- You can download the latest version of Java JDK from Oracle’s Java site − Java SE Downloads.
- You will find instructions for installing JDK in downloaded files, follow the given instructions to install and configure the setup. Finally set PATH and JAVA_HOME environment variables to refer to the directory that contains java and javac, typically java_install_dir/bin and java_install_dir respectively.
Setup Android Studio
- Android Studio is the official IDE for android application development. It works based on IntelliJ IDEA; you can download the latest version of the android studio from Android Studio 2.2 Download.
- If you are new to installing Android Studio on windows, you will find a file, which is named as android-studio-bundle-143.3101438-windows.exe.So just download and run on a windows machine
Install android studio
- So let’s launch Android Studio.exe, Make sure before launch Android Studio, Our Machine should require installed Java JDK.
- Once you launched Android Studio, it’s time to mention JDK7 path or later version in android studio installer.
- Need to specify the location of local machine path for Android studio and Android SDK.
- Need to specify the ram space for Android emulator by default it would take 512MB of local machine RAM.
- At the final stage, it would extract SDK packages into our local machine, it would take a while time to finish the task.
- After done all above steps perfectly, you must get finish button and it going to be open android studio project with a Welcome to android studio message as shown below.
You can start your application development by calling start a new android studio project. in a new installation, a frame should ask Application name, package information and location of the project.