Planning facilitates management by objectives
- Here, Planning with a determination of objectives.
- Moreover, It highlights the purposes for which various activities are to be undertaken.
- In fact, it makes objectives more clear and specific.
- Planning helps in focusing the attention of employees on the objectives or goals of the enterprise.
- Also, Without planning an organization has no guide.
- Planning compels manager to prepare a Blueprint of the courses of action to be followed for the accomplishment of objectives.
- Therefore, planning brings order and rationality to the organization.
Planning minimizes uncertainties
- Business is full of uncertainties.
- There are risks of various types due to uncertainties.
- Moreover, Planning helps in reducing uncertainties of future as it involves anticipation of future events.
- Although future cannot predict with cent percent accuracy planning helps management to anticipate future and prepare for risks by necessary provisions to meet unexpected turn of events.
- Therefore with the help of planning, uncertainties can forecast which helps in preparing standbys as a result, uncertainties minimized to a great extent.
Planning facilitates coordination
- Planning revolves around organizational goals.
- Also, All activities directed towards common goals.
- There is an integrated effort throughout the enterprise in various departments and groups.
- Moreover, It avoids duplication of efforts. In other words, it leads to better coordination.
- It helps in finding out problems of work performance and aims at rectifying the same.
Planning improves employee’s moral
- Planning creates an atmosphere of order and discipline in the organization.
- Moreover, Employees know in advance what is expected of them and therefore conformity can be achieved easily.
- This encourages employees to show their best and also earn the reward for the same.
- Planning creates a healthy attitude towards work environment which helps in boosting employees morale and efficiency.
Planning helps in achieving economies
- Effective planning secures economy since it leads to orderly allocation of resources to various operations.
- Also, It also facilitates optimum utilization of resources which brings economy in operations.
- It also avoids wastage of resources by selecting most appropriate use that will contribute to the objective of the enterprise. For example, raw materials can be purchased in bulk and transportation cost can minimize. At the same time, it ensures regular supply for the production department, that is, overall efficiency.
Planning facilitates controlling
- Planning facilitates the existence of certain planned goals and standard of performance.
- Moreover, It provides a basis for controlling.
- We cannot think of an effective system of controlling without the existence of well thought out plans.
- Also, Planning provides pre-determined goals against which actual performance compared.
- In fact, planning and controlling are the two sides of a same coin. If planning is root, controlling is the fruit.
Planning provides a competitive edge
- Planning provides the competitive edge to the enterprise over the others which do not have effective planning. This is because of the fact that planning may involve changes in work methods, quality, quantity designs, the extension of work, redefining of goals, etc.
- Moreover, With the help of forecasting not only the enterprise secures its future but at the same time, it is able to estimate the future motives of its competitor which helps in facing future challenges.
- Therefore, planning leads to best utilization of possible resources, improves quality of production and thus the competitive strength of the enterprise improved.
Planning encourages innovations.
- In the process of planning, managers have the opportunities of suggesting ways and means of improving performance.
- Planning is basically a decision-making function which involves creative thinking and imagination that ultimately leads to innovation of methods and operations for growth and prosperity of the enterprise.